In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, here are the Top 10 Facts about Latinos in the United States:
10. There are nearly 47 million Latinos.
9. The population figure doesn't include 4 million people in Puerto Rico or about 10 million illegal immigrants.
8. One of every four children under age 5 is Latino.
7. Latinos are the youngest group in the country, with a median age of 27.7 years.
6. Close to half of the Latino population lives in Texas and California.
5. There are 1.6 million Latino-owned businesses.
4. About 13 percent of Latinos over age 25 has a bachelor's degree.
3. Three of every four Latinos hablan español.
2. Latinos have become poorer in the last 2 years. But we still have nearly $1 trillion in annual spending power.
1. Garcia, Rodriguez, Martinez and Hernandez are among the top 20 most common surnames in the U.S.
Well, the Concierto de la Paz in Havana, Cuba, came and went. Juanes is still a major music figure. Ditto for Olga Tanon. Here are some photos:
Miguel Bose, Olga Tanon and Juanes.
Olga greeting fans.
Olga prepares to hand out medical supplies.
Was this the concert of the century?
Photos courtesy of Bonnet Media.